“My company already used you for disposing of important, confidential documents,” stated the testimonial. “Since we have been so pleased with the service, when opening another location in another state, the choice was easy. I called the local office and before I knew it, ordering the shredding service was crossed off my list of things to do.”
When it comes to hiring a document destruction company, it’s always a good idea to find a company that is situated nearby or at least in the same city.
Calling for assistance when the company is in a different time zone or being connected to a call center somewhere off-shore can be frustrating.
Of course, with the frequency of security breaches and the steady rise in identity theft, secure document destruction is a fundamental part of business today. Also, every company has a legal obligation to keep private information private especially when documents are no longer needed.
Here are 7 must-have qualities of document destruction suppliers:
- The company has a branch in your local area.
- The company is committed to best practices in secure document destruction.
- The company is prompt and efficient with as little disruption to your workplace as possible. “Always cooperative, always on schedule, always efficient, great company,” is how one testimonial has described it.
- There is a dedicated support team that is available to answer questions, address concerns, and meet with you if need be.
- The company utilizes the latest technology. For example, handheld technology improves efficiency such as ensuring each console is emptied completely during servicing.
- Service is convenient and flexible – if you need to change the time or the job in any way, it’s never a problem.
- The company is always on time for its scheduled appointments.
For frequently asked questions about secure document shredding, click here