As we conclude our video series about the importance of document security and shredding, the next step is to examine what to look for in a document shredding provider? While you may be tempted to make a hasty choice or base the decision entirely on price, document security is too important of a concern to take any risks.
So what exactly should you be looking for when deciding on a Shredding Company? Check out our 2 minute video below to learn some helpful tips:
When making your decision, use the following checklist when looking for a document shredding provider:
- Has an excellent reputation and can provide references
- Understands laws, especially as they pertain to your industry
- Employs personnel that have undergone rigorous training and a background check
- Offers a security risk assessment
- Provides secure, locked consoles for documents prior to destruction
- Shreds all documents in a locked on site area where the document handler is the only one with access
- Gives you the option of watching the document destruction and provides a Certificate of Destruction
- Uses cross-cut shredders and can accommodate other media types such as CDs and disks
- Recycles all shredded paperwork
By following this checklist when you research potential document destruction providers, you will be able to make an informed choice about who to use…and who may be a cut-rate provider that’s not really providing you a secure solution.