Did you know that Shred-it won a Bronze Stevie Award from the American Business Awards this year?
The award was in the ‘Public Relations Campaign of the Year: Global Issues’ category, for our 2011 Information Security Tracker, an independent Ipsos Reid survey across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. that looked at information security policies and procedures among small businesses. While we are thrilled with this win, we also believe that it’s a win-win for everyone. Here’s why:
- The award highlights the Information Security Tracker, which underlines the importance of information security as a global issue – and that’s important.
- The award also helps highlight the key messages around information security:
- Regularly review document destruction policies
- Conduct annual security audits, and
- Implement comprehensive trainings for employees
- The survey is important as it showed that small businesses need to better protect sensitive information. While 78.6 percent of U.S. respondents knew that protecting confidential data is the law, almost one-third of companies never train staff on information security and 35.5 percent have no protocol in place for storing and disposing of confidential data.
- The award confirms Shred-it’s commitment as a reliable source for data loss prevention information.
- Shred-it decided to make the Information Security Tracker an annual campaign. Take a peek at our 2012 Information Security Tracker.
There’s nothing like an award to make you feel good about what you do. Shred-it salutes and shares the award with each of its customers. Thank you for being a part of the Shred-it family!